Wednesday 3 November 2010

Women of the Beat Generation

I got this book in the mail today, finally. I couldn't find anything at my college library or at any bookshop in Malta specifically about women of the Beat Generation. I actually wanted a book about artists of the beat generation, but seeing as many Beat women where not allowed to be rebels, like their male counterparts - I thought it would be interesting to read some of their writings and poems. I have only browsed through this book because I got it today, but I've already glimpsed at certain sentences which surprised me, such as the fact that one particular woman beat writer was killed by electroshock. I cannot wait to read this book and hopefully get some inspiration for some visuals I am looking to create in my project. 

Note: I've also changed the look of my blog to suit my new theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment