Thursday 1 December 2011

Back to work: Split screen digital story

Back to work! I have posted my essay on the blog. Hopefully will soon have time to update my proposal. I have resumed working on the project. The following are stills from something I have started editing today. The video features a split screen from 2 webcam conversations. The story was about someone who lost a 'digital' friend - as in someone who he never met, but spoke to online. I tried to capture this 'loss' through a disintegration process. So far I have found noise to be the most effective, but this might change later on. 


One of the videos was distorted when I exported it (left). I found this to be a happy accident and  so decided to leave it.


Happy accident (left) - gradual noise (right) - I might desaturate the noise later.

No comments:

Post a Comment