Sunday 12 June 2011

New experiments


It's been a very heavy weekend. I've been sleeping too much or not at all. Anyway above is my latest experiment based on one of the stories. I photographed the watercolour figures piece by piece (upper left arm, lower right arm etc...) in order to be able to animate them in After Effects. I also scanned the ink pram. The sky picture is a heavily saturated found image. I created the bird in After Effects and used particles to make the flock. The girl's walking sequence is a bit strange but I don't mind the final video. I will keep playing with it and try a story over it as well.

I'm finding the process of taking someone's story and creating something from it extremely interesting. It's quite interesting to be able to portray someone else's story in my own way, without knowing what actually happened.

Here's some more pictures from my sketchbook (you'll find most are notes rather than sketches this time, I was focused on getting the project together rather than just drawing and painting).

These were from before my project changed, a visual and more exciting way of brainstorming

going slightly off topic, but sometimes my mind needs a rest

Still was trying to make my previous idea work


The new project 

sketches before I did the short animation with the guy standing in the theatrical sea waves

The 'Madonna Cat' story

More from Madonna cat, and an unfinished sketch for an animation

short storyboard for the animation I just finished

Listing down the stories I currently have, and a sketch of the pram used in the above video

No comments:

Post a Comment