Wednesday 21 September 2011

Edits and reading

Cinema 4D Exploding / Randomised Sphere
I'm trying to finish a second edit on one of the stories. I spent today trying to get an interesting effect using an exploding sphere. I chopped up the animated sphere similar to how I chopped up the footage. It still needs reworking but here's a preview of what I've done so far. I've not shifted the edits from Premiere to After Effects i.e. much more flexibility, yet a slower workflow.

As for my essay... I have finished reading the book on Chance and have continued reading 'Modular Narratives in Contemporary Cinema'. This book is taking a while to read since it is extremely interesting to read, whilst also being very relevant to my paper. At the moment I'm reading about how Lev Manovich believes that database and narrative are two completely different dimensions, and yet the author thinks otherwise. Have to admit I am very much enjoying this process...

No comments:

Post a Comment