Monday 11 October 2010

Introduction of my proposal

An updated Proposal is found under My Proposal
My research question and practical work will be based on dynamic digital art and audio, as I believe that this area is increasing exponentially due to its inclusion of the user’s participation and control.

I wish to research a variety of interactive spaces and be able to create an area where a user can combine audio samples with a mixture of animated traditional and digital illustration to produce an audiovisual composition. Through this, I wish to create an environment where the user can explore, play and appreciate contemporary experimental music with the help of animated visuals.

I intend to incorporate multi faceted elements into my work in order to create a more total, all encompassing aesthetic experience. I also want to not merely engage the audience but actively involve them in the actual composition, creation and reception of the artwork.


Context (I think I need to narrow this down even more to a specific theme):



The elements I intend to investigate range from the psychedelic and funky to minimalist and contemporary. My artworks will vary from abstract to figurative. I will be looking at developments in illustration, animation, collage, media and the music industry that relate to a fusion of different media. In addition, I will also be looking into all encompassing multi-dimensional art to try and cater for more than one area of the senses. I hope through this approach to increase the user interest and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment