Monday 22 August 2011

Experiment


An experiment I did using two videos in slow motion superimposed onto each other. The bad transition doesn't bother me as this is simply an experiment with chance. A girl watching herself dancing on the bed. Breakcore music in the background. Initially I tried the video with a 50s song and I liked it, but then I decided to try and annoy myself and choose a song which 'doesn't fit' with the video. I still liked the outcome.

Even though this might look experimental, it is actually something which could easily happen in everyday life. A child dancing in her room, her older brother listening to music in his room. Two subjects which do not usually go together can still harmonise (according to David Lynch, because of this Unified Field - I'm still not entirely convinced about it, but it's hard to ignore).

The music is actually by a friend of mine, and is one of the pieces I am considering to use in the database.

No comments:

Post a Comment