Wednesday 14 March 2012

Reflective writing on Chat 13/03/2012 + other research & work

So this will be my next purchase:
One of my students who is doing her Thesis on Chance has brought it to college recently and it has some really good essays, so I had a look through and I will be buying it for a closer inspection.

I have also just received a copy of "Empty Words" a new CD release by the Wandelweisser group and kindly sent to me by one of the musicians themselves, Antoine Beuger (also interviewed in my research paper). I have written a detailed review of the pieces and will post it very soon on the blog.

I have had a look at Darren's and Jess' work. Here is what I sent to Darren (since internet at work was down):

"I just had the time to view Darren's linked blog posts. I'm really interested in this project because I'm working with Chance narrative myself so randomness plays a big role in my project. I really like that you are playing around with people's free will.. this should be interesting..

"Maybe people won’t get it, that’s ok. Well maybe it’s not ok actually because the interaction isn’t very fun! I’d like this to look appealing and I’d like the interaction to be inviting and a little fun, maybe so that if you don’t get all the free will and randomness stuff you at least have something nice to look at and interesting or fun to play with."

This is the exact same issue I have with my own project; trying to make something curious, intuitive but fun at the same time. In general I'm really looking forward to see how your project will turn out. I also like how it looks visually."

I had a look at Jess' videos and really liked what she is trying to communicate. I commented on the fact that even though she is communicating a sort of, negative message about how technology is hurting communication between people, the natural sounds and comfortable setting also make it look normal and less dramatic. Jess also had some videos with herself as the protagonist. She commented on how she wanted to put herself as one of the protagonists because she is also being affected by 'loneliness' of technology I suppose. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment