Wednesday 18 July 2012

Video Chat with Jonathan

Just finished my video chat with Jonathan and it cleared out a lot of things that I was worried about as well as made me reflect about some new things for the Interface.

I'm very keen on trying on the documentation and tests suggested where it would involve the user seeing him/herself trying out the application on video. I will need to read more about this in the email that Jonathan had sent Mariana a few days ago.

I will also need to think about what happens if the user zooms onto one of the videos if the interface will revert back to normal after a few minutes or not.

There will be two scenarios at the final show; a busy one right on the opening, and a quieter one after the opening, so I will need to check that my application will perform appropriate on both.

I had already had my doubts about the monitor stand and now that I have spoken to Jonathan I am quite sure that the stand is not going to look right. It might look too blocky and big and hide the slender frame of the screen. I will therefore use a backless plinth and the laptop + cables can be hidden there.

Finally I was slightly worried about the documented paper, however now that Jonathan has cleared it out it should be fine.

The paper should ideally include

1. Final reflection and evaluation of the work.
2. Summary of my work (that can be included next to the project itself)
3. Future development.

No comments:

Post a Comment