Saturday 26 March 2011

Updates

So like I said in my previous post, these few weeks I'm focusing on getting the story right, finding loopholes in the project and just finalising what I need to do before I start filming.

I'm thinking that I should scrap the idea of having an interactive projector, there is going to be another type of interaction - less technological, and more about involving people. Some other device can be used to get the message across, such as an iPad connected to a projector.

As mentioned in my last post my project is now about finding meaning from what is meaningless. This is what is going to happen:

In my tests, I will be giving the viewers a recorder to express what they are feeling when they are watching the randomised clips. I wish to generate different opinions about each clip - if particular clips are continuously evoking consistent emotions throughout all the viewers, they would need to be replaced.

After these tests, the new viewers will be viewing the randomised clips, plus the recordings of the previous viewers. However, this also will be randomised. So a viewer might see a video clip with a one recording, but the clip might appear again at some point with a different recording.

What I would love to do is to have viewers recording the meaning they want to give to a clip, and this is uploaded right away to the applications, joining the other randomised recordings.

I would also like the videos to evolve over a period of time, this is where the visuals and processing come in. When the clips reach a climax of vision and sound, will the recording change, and if yes, how?

In the tests I will be putting a number on each clip for the viewer to say the number before the recording, this is will make it easier for me to assemble everything (unless I manage to put together an automated system!)

No comments:

Post a Comment