Sunday 30 October 2011

Reflective writing on chat & lots of writing to do...

How I feel right now, pic source 
After the brief discussion with Ed Kelly, I think I am on the right track when it comes to the essay, although I have to admit I am very much all over the place. I have started from chaos and now the order seems so difficult to achieve. No doubt this is the worst part of the essay - trying to mash everything together into an argument.

The problem was that the reading got slightly out of hand. I kept finding more and more material and just reading and underlining, and now I'm not sure if I have enough time to log it all. I still have a couple of journals I need to log and see if they fit with the rest of the research.

Amid all the confusion however, yesterday I came up with a structure which would involve three chapters in the essay:

The first part will deal with an intro on classical Narrative which will then lead to a discussion on Modular and Database Narrative and how it is perceived by the audience. Most of the disadvantages of new narratives seem to be the lack of meaning, therefore I will link this to Chapter 2 which deals with Chance, meaning and the author. Chapter three will continue from a discussion on the open-ended nature of chance and lack of meaning, and will lead to new interactive narratives, games, and contemporary modular films.

This is likely to change, however I think it should be a good starting point. Chapter one will have to be written this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment