Monday 24 October 2011

Tests and logging

So my developer, Maria has just put up some tests (which I will post soon hopefully) of three videos of different sizes playing, and four audio pieces playing simultaneously on command. I am in the process of editing another video however the logging of the reading material is slow, plus my reading list seems like it will never end.

I am currently logging Umberto Eco's "The Role of the Reader" as well as Lev Manovich's "Database as a symbolic form". It feels like the more I read - the more there is to know, however I cannot keep reading forever so this week or next week latest I will finally start putting my essay together. This week I will also email Antoine Beuger with some questions regarding John Cage and works of Chance.

Today a student presented an HP video where they launched some kind of touch technology back in 2007; it reminded me of my project in its database presentation, as in one could move and scale videos up and down, as well as turn music on and off at any desired time. The difference is that I want mine to be more of a whole than just an abstract representation of multimedia. and rather than having random videos, these will be based on stories since of course the whole exercise is a quest for meaning. In general, this HP project got me excited to work on my own, however made me long for a large touch screen which would made the experience so much more exciting! I still have to discuss these options with Maria to see what is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment