Wednesday 12 January 2011

Plan for Jan & Feb and some experiments

ganttjanfeb Sheet1

This is my plan for these two months. I will spend the weekends reading and researching - these will be a little break from the work. During the week I will be following tutorials on my Processing book and also sketching and experimenting with After Effects. I will alternate between Processing and Sketching/ AE each week to have better flow and more detail in my work.

During these two months I plan to finish reading two books, get some research done on augmented reality and see if this can be feasible for my installation and application or I will need to find something else. I also plan to become more familiar with Processing as well as create some artworks which will potentially be used in my application (or lead me towards further experimentation).

In the beginning of this week I created a collage using magazine cutouts, watercolour and think markers...
A close-up of the collage
I then scanned it and opened it in Photoshop. Copied and pasted the image several times (each time moving it slightly to the side, and even turning it around) using the 'Darken' option in the layer transparency properties. Afterwards I imported everything in After Effects and animated the Z axis of the layers - I also animated the camera (but not enough.. it still looks stiff). I got an effect which is similar to particles - I now want these particles to move separately not just back and forth all together. I already have a tutorial in mind - will upload next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment