Tuesday 5 June 2012

It's working!

So Maria spent three and a half hours here today trying to make the application work on Chrome using a local host (for faster browsing) and it worked!

I will be conducting the Case study on friday with my students.

A few things I wish to fix for August:

At the moment the videos are not auto playing. The problem with auto play is that the play action triggers a random generator, so the code does not see the difference between play and auto play. Consequently videos keep randomly generating before stopping.

Removing the play bar. The play bar looks slightly ugly and I would like for it to only appear on roll over. Once again there is a code conflict since the roll over already has an action attached to it, i.e. the user can move the video and resize.

I want the variation in the video sizes to be much larger. As one can see in the screenshot the videos vary in size but not much. I want the contrast to be bigger and therefore more dramatic.

A few more things: Play option is invisible when browser is full screened & localhost sometimes needs to be refreshed a couple of times in order to work properly.

I've also decided to only have one story on the screen at one go so the user is more focused on one thing, but can also see multiple videos at one go. This way there is not absolute confusion but rather a balance between order and chaos. I believe this will make the user want to find meaning rather than giving up completely. At the same time however there might be multiple sound effects going on simultaneously; these are the ones attached to the water colours.

All in all at the moment I'm just happy to see all the videos working together successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment