Monday 4 June 2012

Ideas for Documentation

So for my Documentation I want to have a book that will be split into 4 parts: Sketchbook / Water Colours / Video & Interface. Last week I went to the college library and tried to get some ideas for the layout. Below are some shots of "The art of looking sideways" and "Sagmeister".

I was basically was looking for interesting ways to display my images / texts as well as looking into how to bind the final book.
I like the extra large bold text on the left in contrast with the super small text on the far left, and then a whole page image on the opposite side.

Possible way to display a large landscape image & sideways text

Grid for text

Possible text over imagery? Although the text will not be completely legible so it should not be something of great importance, but rather annotations and reflections

Just a very raw hand written 2-page spread that I really like and could work well in my layout

The middle visual reminded me of my water colours; possible ways to display them perhaps

Sagmeister's book was just full of hand-written annotations in combination with very structured type grids. Found this idea to be very immersive and casual at the same time



Possible way of displaying various frames from an animation / video

A simple 2-page spread but displayed diagonally. Ideal for the sketchbook part.
I am currently exporting several videos and water colours so Maria and I can finalise the interface for the casestudy that will hopefully happen this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment