Thursday 5 May 2011

Documentary Photography

Since I've changed my proposal, I visited the library at the art college (where I work) today to try and find some new inspirational material which involved more photography and video works. I picked up three books, Documentary Photography - Life Library of Photography, Doris Chase Artist in Motion, and Moving Pictures - Contemporary Photography and video from the Guggenheim Museum Collections.

I started looking at 'Documentary Photography - Life Library of Photography' and the following pictures are what I've found most inspirational, and perhaps - more related to what I want to do:

Dan Weiner Street Festival

Lee Friedlander New York City

Cid Grossman

Cid Grossman

Cid Grossman San Gennaro Festival

What struck me most about all of the above pictures is the 'life' in them, because they are all about people - together in groups, during festivals and parties. They reminded me of the weekly Festas we have in Malta all throughout the summer, and I was wondering if I could get a couple of shots and videos during these events.

No comments:

Post a Comment