Sunday 15 May 2011

Story Tour Day 4

Yesterday I went to a friend's house to get a story recording from her mother, who is from the Philippines - then lived in Canada for a long time and is now residing in Malta with her family. Unfortunately she was feeling slightly uncomfortable in front of the camera so I opted to use just the recorder.

She was still not feeling 100% comfortable recording however managed to tell me one story. Luckily my friend's dad popped in and told us his own story, which I think is one of the best I have so far. My friend's dad turned out to be a great story teller.

I also got two more stories from her brother, so I have quite a range of ages and nationalities at this point. I will post snippets of the recordings in the video that I will be putting together for the MPR.

So far I have stories from 8 different people, and some of them have told me more than one story. I would also like to say that I am actually enjoying visiting these people's houses ( or inviting them to my own flat ) and listening to their stories. There's something intimate about someone telling you a story from their own life, and it instantly brings you closer to that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment